Hybrid eDiscovery Platforms
Meet the Kit-as-a-Service .
Once upon a time, the dream scenario for eDiscovery, information governance, and compliance workers was to have a market-specific technology partner manage their environment. That dream has since evolved, in lockstep with cloud adoption, to include a hybrid ecosystem that leverages cloud capabilities for instant scaling and unlimited flexibility while maintaining on-premises performance, ultimately eliminating hardware and ownership expenses. Well, dreams do come true! George Jon, the only niche eDiscovery-managed services provider is proud to introduce our dynamic KaaS platform.
KaaS provides CapEx-free solutions for both existing and new eDiscovery matters. This subscription-based model can be delivered in both private/public clouds and includes our industry-leading Core Managed Services, with 15 years of proven best practices guaranteeing eDiscovery application performance in an endlessly flexible service model.
- Scale storage and compute up/down for production and disaster recovery
- Deploy in both private/public cloud environments
- Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) and licensing process
- Convenient platform subscription model eliminates capital expenditures
- End-to-end expert platform management, monitoring, and support (including application upgrades)
- Access to global pool of datacenters for high-speed, low-latency performance
- Seamless transitions to and scaling of the new platform with no disruptions or downtime
KaaS Use Case Scenarios & Benefits
Public or Private Cloud
GJ can deploy a new KaaS platform fully customized to your business needs. We will migrate your existing data into the new KaaS environment or you can simply start fresh!
- Eliminates hardware expenses
- Seamlessly scales as needed without affecting performance
- Provides volume pricing discounts as you scale up
- Fast and secure datacenter processing with convenient public/private cloud virtualization
SCALE EXISTING SYSTEM
Public or Private Cloud
Want to scale without huge CapEx outlays? KaaS is the smart and affordable solution. Once your existing resources have reached a critical mass, the system will seamlessly transfer compute/storage processes to the KaaS with live users unaffected.
- Same performance and scaling benefits as a new deployment
- Extract full value from your existing infrastructure
- New data/cases transfer to KaaS, existing data remains on your system
for Existing/Future Production
Similar to scaling, clients often have to invest in costly infrastructure to establish vital DR systems. We can provide a DR environment that allows you to phase out your existing DR or start fresh, avoiding/cutting CapEx while having full peace of mind and business continuity.
- When used in conjunction with KaaS, your data is replicated to a second Dell EMC datacenter
- DR storage repositories can be converted into production sites
The KaaS Workflow
Dell EMC Datacenter
24/7/365 Core Managed Services
SQL Database Administrators
KaaS Strategic Datacenter Locations
George Jon has standardized two North American and two European Dell EMC datacenters, with expansion locations in the APAC region currently under consideration. These state-of-the-art facilities deliver high-speed, low-latency connections to every public/private cloud provider and employ GJ’s proven architecture, standards, and best practices with 24/7 professional oversight. Ditch your expensive hardware and scale storage and compute only when needed!
All international locations provide in-country replication between primary and secondary datacenters
KaaS Stack Components
Your eDiscovery application(s) of choice will function in either the public or private cloud, virtualized to accommodate any number of active users with near real-time scaling.
Customers are required to provide their own eDiscovery application licenses. GJ will provide all KaaS-specific licensing, including Microsoft, Quest, and TrendMicro.
To maintain GJ best practices and optimize platform performance, SQL operations occur in the Dell EMC datacenter, which offers a proprietary, low-latency link to the client’s cloud environment.
Data resides on Dell EMC OEM storage in the chosen datacenter. This provides a physical, high-performance, low-cost solution and allows you to know where your data resides at all times.
The entire stack is built to the exacting standards and best practices developed by GJ over the last 15 years, all managed by our expert eDiscovery application and infrastructure engineers. George Jon offers comprehensive oversight for Platform, Information Security, and SQL Database Administration to ensure that your mission-critical data is always protected.
Key Considerations for Using KaaS
What is the initial and perceived data growth to be put into the KaaS model?
What applications will be spun up in the KaaS platform out of the gate?
InfoSec & Compliance
What additional security requirements will be mandated by the client?
Networking / Connectivity
What are the client’s requirements regarding network throughput?
Cloud Provider Selection
Which public/private cloud provider does the client want to leverage for their application virtualization?
Which KaaS datacenter will be leveraged by the client for production versus disaster recovery?